Work location: Beijing, China
Are you an experienced Innovative Design professional with 10+ years of experience in designing trend-forwarding womenswear?
Do you have experience designing womenswear for Asian Market, especially for China market? Willing to join a leading fashion group in China? Then this might your chance.
We’re looking for a Fashion Design Director for one of the womenswear brands of Bestseller Fashion Group China.
Role and objectives
- Ensure new brand high performance and productive design team
- Ensure to lead with example and good judgment
- Proper planning and work plan for teams
- Conduct coaching and problem solving for team
- Create team spirit and unified team which bring together team and inspire team.
- Ensure skill building and professional development to create successful talent.
- Optimize workflow and product development process
- Grow new brand China total sales year on year going forward
- Increase sales productivity, like pieces per transaction, average price point, basket size (no of pieces * average price) and conversion rate
- Increase sales through measure by pieces and value, before seasonal on-sale and after seasonal on-sale
- Collection planning budget:
- Understand planned product supply (sales budgets, order versus budget, etc.)
- Fundamental understanding of retail sales by product category, price points, product line and styles, etc.
- Plan selling meeting dates and related seasonal collection planning for design team’s work.
- Collection planning by product category and sub-category
- Price matrix: Certain styles developed for higher price points
- In-debt analysis and review of past sales
- Inspiration trips (buying samples, new materials, etc. learn from category “role-models”): Gain more value out of travel and spend
- Seasonal design process and team coaching:
- Trend research, inspiration and reach conclusion for direction
- Workshops for seasonal development of key product categories
- Establish clear work plans and action calendars for each team
- Keep deadlines and ensure collection sample ready for selling meetings
- Work with buying team for closing selling meeting orders: online buying team & offline buying team
- Expand categories with lower share of share of sales in retail stores & on-line
- Focus on serving and partner with new brand China online & offline sales channels:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in fashion design, fashion merchandising or a related field
- At least 10+ years’ relevant experience from trend-forwarding womenswear brand(s)
- You’re creative, innovative with good technical skills
- Fluent in English both in written and spoken, it’s a big plus if you speak Chinese
- Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as leadership skills
- Familiar with Chinese market and willing to work in China
About BESTSELLER Fashion Group China (BFGC)
Bestseller Fashion Group China is a member of the Bestseller Group, Denmark, is considered to be the market leader in the mid-market for apparel in China with the brands: ONLY, JACK & JONES, VERO MODA, and J.Lindeberg. The company entered China in 1996 and today the company has more than 5,000 concept stores in 400 cities in China, as well as having successful digital marketing and multichannel on-line presence.
For more information about BFGC, pls. visit www.bestseller.com.cn
The BESTSELLER Group has about 10,000 stores in 39 countries, primarily in Europe, the Middle East, North America and China. For more information, please check out our websites: www.bestseller.com
Pls. send your application via our website by click on ‘’APPLY JOB’’ and follow the instructions. Please include the following documents:
- Your updated CV, please include a personal photo, your family status, contact info etc.
- Cover letter, please include your motivation, competences for this job and your personality.
- Portfolio in .pdf file (pls. keep the .PDF size < 23MB).
- A scanned copy of your education degree certificate
Application deadline: ASAP
Efficient Recruitment based in Denmark, handles this recruitment process for the company in Beijing. For more info or any questions regarding this position, please contact Jessi Ji by tel.: +45 6131 5847 or e-mail email@example.com or Michael Folmann at tel. +45 2121 6464 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org