Location: Beijing, China
Do you have about 5-10 years of woven design experience for China/Asian market, especially in women’s Shirts/Pants/Blazer/Shorts/Skirts design, and with 1+ years’ team leading experience?
Are you willing to be part of a leading European Fashion Group in Beijing, China? Then check this role.
Currently, we’re looking for a Design Manager (Woven category) for a well-known fast fashion womenswear brand – VERO MODA, with reporting to the Creative Director of the brand.
- Responsible for the ongoing success and continued growth of Vero Moda Woven Shirts/Pants/ Blazer/Shorts/Skirts Design team in China.
- Responsible for driving collections to reflect the high standing and design content of the brand, capturing the latest trends, and translating them into commercial successful styles to be sold through our online and of offline channels.
- To ensure you and Team are on top of knowing latest trends reports & collections on fashion websites, social media, and catwalks.
- Facilitate the management of the design team to ensure that they are constantly researching and updating their ideas, knowledge, and developments for best commercial results.
- Direct cooperation with management to comment on focus list to boost sales.
- As a role model, train and give professional growth to Designers and improve their commercial mindset.
- Analyze orders and define gaps and weak areas in collections.
- Initiate further growth and sales potential within Vero Moda Womenswear categories and discuss with management.
- Constantly ensure upgrade of product: fitting, treats, trims, details, design value, and trend speed reflecting lessons learnt from sales data and analysis.
- Take active part in Pre-Season analysis and Trends discussion, Themes research and color palette selection etc.
- Ensure monthly competitors/trend visit and report and store report, is undertaken by the team and present and distribute to all.
- Close cooperation with the category buying teams through sample development to ensure better delivery.
- Manage part of the design team, ensuring we have the best people in each position, training them to grow and create a natural succession plan.
- Qualified designer- minimum bachelor’s degree in Fashion design or relevant major
- Proven experience in designing fast fashion womenswear (min. 3-4 years), rich experience in woven design is a must.
- Proven experience of managing and leading the team (min.1 year)
- Good management and leadership skills to create a positive and energetic team.
- Strong team building and planning skills.
- Strong portfolio
- Creative design flair and strong sense for fast moving trends
- Excellent knowledge of fabrics and attention to details is an absolute must.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe programs (Photoshop/ Illustrator)
- User knowledge of Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
- Strong team player with ability to prioritize workload as well as being able to work on many different collections at once.
- Work level English
- Interest in Chinese culture and society is a plus, willingness to live in Beijing.
About the company:
Bestseller Fashion Group China，a member of the Bestseller Group, Denmark, is considered to be the market leader in the mid-market for apparel in China with the brands: ONLY, JACK & JONES, VERO MODA, and J.Lindeberg. The company entered China in 1996 and today the company has more than 5,000 concept stores in 400 cities in China, as well as having successful digital marketing and multichannel on-line presence.
VERO MODA was founded in 1987 and has entered the Chinese market for 20+ years. It has been committed to creating trendy fashion for urban women. For more info about VERO MODA brand, pls. visit https://www.veromoda.com.cn/
The BESTSELLER Group has about 10,000 stores in 39 countries, primarily in Europe, the Middle East, North America and China. For more information, please check out our websites: www.bestseller.com
Pls. send your application via the job site on our website https://erhr.dk/en by clicking on ‘’APPLY JOB’’ under the job description and follow the instructions.
Please include the following documents:
- Your updated CV, please include a personal photo, your family status, contact info etc.
- A scanned copy of your education degree certificate
- Portfolio(s) about your recent years’ work
Application deadline: ASAP.
Efficient Recruitment based in Denmark, handles this recruitment process for Bestseller in Beijing. For more info or any questions regarding this position, please contact: Jessi Ji by tel.: +45 6131 5847 or e-mail email@example.com