Design Manager or Jr. Design Manager, menswear,
Direct Reporting Line: Brand Director
Location: Beijing, China
We are looking for passionate and ambitious talents to join a well-known fashion menswear brand - Jack & Jones (www.jackjones.com.cn) . In the role of Design Manager/Jr. Design Manager you will be leading a design team to create breakthrough in the China/Asian market. This will be a very good opportunity to enlarge your working scope, accumulate experiences in building up new concept/team.
- Set up direction and target for the responsible brand/categories and make sure the whole team are in line with same direction and target.
- Build up concept, mood board, color and working plan.
- Improve working process within category team and with buying team.
- Be fully responsible for the success of responsible brand/categories.
- Analyse development needs based on budget and brand vision
- Manage design team to ensure a high level of design and sales
- Work closely with Visual merchandising team to define presentation guidelines
- Manage, train and ensure professional as well as personal growth to the designers. As well as ensure that the designers are strong in regards to trend, commercial thinking and effective work processes by making sure that design guidelines/deadlines are met
- Analyse each product groups/price vs quality levels/ vs sales figures
- Give training in analysing sales figures, market demands, and keep team members constantly updated on latest trend
- Constantly ensure latest trimmings, fabrics, treatments, fittings and updating of suppliers according to trends
- Make sure that the buying team and product managers are kept updated on latest trends and techniques
We expect you:
- Have bachelor or above education background with fashion design related major.
- Fluently in English, can use English as working language both in oral and writing
- Strong knowledge about Chinese fashion market, especially e-commerce market and young fashion garment industry.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experiences in young/fashion menswear, higher value menswear is also workable, must have experiences in Chinese market, e-commerce brands will be preferred.
- Experiences in build-up brand/new categories will be much preferred.
- Experiences in fast speed working environment, can adapt to high pressure and fashion working speed.
- Strong in defining direction and target, drive brand/categories into new status.
- Used to have team manager experiences with more than 5 subordinates.
- Ambitions, passion and eager to win.
- Willingto work in Beijing, China
About Bestseller Fashion Group China
BESTSELLER FASHION GROUP CHINA BESTSELLER Fashion Group (Tianjin) CO., LTD. is an independent company with headquarter in Beijing, China. We currently market four BESTSELLER brands: ONLY, JACK & JONES, VERO MODA and SELECTED in more than 300 cities with over 6500 concept stores. For more information, please visit our websites www.bestseller.com.cn or www.jackjones.com.cn.
BESTSELLER is a family-owned clothing and accessories company founded in Denmark in 1975. We provide fast affordable fashion for women, men, teenagers and children under the following brands: JACK & JONES, SELECTED, VERO MODA, ONLY, PIECES, VILA, OBJECT, JUNAROSE, MAMALICIOUS, NAME IT and OUTFITTERS NATION. Our products are available online, in branded chain stores, in multiband and leading department stores.
Pls. send your application via our website by click on ‘’APPLY JOB’’ and follow the instructions. Please include the following documents.
- your updated CV - please include a personal photo, your family status, contact info etc.
- Cover letter – Pls. include your motivation, competences for this job and your personality.
- A portfolio in .pdf file (Portfolio size should be less than 23MB, if it’s too big, pls. send via WeTransfer); pls. include mood board, color palette, technical sketches and samples of your design etc.
- A scanned copy or a photo of your education degree certificate (bachelor or master).
Application deadline: ASAP.
Efficient Recruitment based in Denmark, handles this recruitment process for the company in Beijing. For more info or any questions regarding this position, please contact Jessi Ji by tel: +45 6131 5847 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Michael Folmann at tel. +45 2121 6464 or e-mail email@example.com.