Work location: Beijing, China
We are recruiting a Dress-Junior Category Design Manager for ONLY China. Is this for you?
- Responsible for Managing the Light Woven Dress collection
- Responsible for the continued growth of dress category
- Ensure the sell-thru by offering a balanced collection of trend vs. commerciality
- Communicate effectively within your own team to ensure a pleasant & productive team environment
- Build strong relationships with the Buying Teams & Retail teams
- Build up your Commercial knowledge: spending time in our stores & our competitors, study the weekly bestsellers from both Retail & EC. Be fully immersed in the Chinese Web sites & Social Media
- Develop & nurture your teams design skills
- Organize regular team building exercises
- Show initiative, contribute & action ideas to improve your category
- Manage your time & that of your team to effectively to meet the deadlines
- Process a strong system knowledge - Illustrator, Photoshop, Power-point & PLM
- Ensure all data in the PLM is accurate, on time & the designs are clear
- Ensure you have a clear understanding of the ONLY consumer, drive innovation & the latest Asian trends
- Train your team to recognize the key selling point of all garments & teach them how to improve or enhance the original inspiration
- Lead your team in fittings, problem solve & create on the spot
- Be competent at driving research throughout your team & present convincingly
- Become experts in sample buying - hunt for the new, cool & commercial products - communicate between your teams to bring out the best ideas & concepts
- Drive the fabric research & upgrading for your category, regularly visit the fabric fairs, bring innovation & build up your team’s fabric library
- Build a library of finishing & detail ideas & techniques - keep it updated & ensure your Designers refer to it regularly
- Maintain the existing Core Library, seasonally meet with the Buying teams to strategically update the offer
- Map out your collection offer, ensuring all the best sellers are covered, your offer is based on strong research, balanced & innovative
- Drive the Development Meetings, be prepared with your data, present your garments convincingly & be ready to create & resolve problems on the spot
- Take full responsibility in presenting your category to Retail & Senior Management, ensure they have all the tools to explain the trends, mapping out & business opportunities
- Create compelling outfits
- Always be prepared to present to senior Management
- Show passion & a positive attitude. Be flexible & professional at all times. Have an open mind & always listen. Actively learn & continuously improve yourself & your category performance
- minimum Bachelor degree in Fashion Design
- Minimum 5 years’ experience (at least 4 years with premium/ high end womenswear brands)
- Strong portfolio demonstrating the feeling for feminine premium designs
- Creative design flair/ Strong sense for fast moving trends
- Excellent knowledge of fabrics and attention to details is an absolute must
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe programs (Photoshop/ Illustrator)
- User knowledge of Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
- Strong team player with ability to work on a one to one basis with local buyers
- Excellent English skills, both written and spoken
- Interest in Chinese culture and society is a plus, willingness to live in Beijing
This is an extremely fast paced creative environment, where you’ll need strong self- awareness, excellent organizations skills and the ability to inspire through your work
About Bestseller Fashion Group China
BESTSELLER FASHION GROUP CHINA BESTSELLER Fashion Group (Tianjin) CO., LTD. is an independent company with headquarter in Beijing, China. We currently market four BESTSELLER brands: ONLY, JACK & JONES, VERO MODA and SELECTED in more than 300 cities with over 7300 concept stores. For more information, please visit our websites www.bestseller.com.cn or www.only.cn.
BESTSELLER is a family-owned clothing and accessories company founded in Denmark in 1975. We provide fast affordable fashion for women, men, teenagers and children under the following brands: JACK & JONES, SELECTED, VERO MODA, ONLY, PIECES, VILA, OBJECT, JUNAROSE, MAMALICIOUS, NAME IT and OUTFITTERS NATION. Our products are available online, in branded chain stores, in multiband and leading department stores.
Please send your application via our website by click on ‘’APPLY JOB’’ and follow the instructions. Please include the following documents:
- your updated CV - please include a personal photo, your family status, contact info etc.
- Cover letter – Pls. include your motivation, competences for this job and your personality.
- portfolio in .pdf file (Pls. make sure that each of your portfolio is less than 23MB); pls. include mood board, color palette, technical sketches and samples of your design etc.
- A scanned copy of your education degree certificate (bachelor or master).
Application deadline: ASAP.
Efficient Recruitment based in Denmark, handles this recruitment process for the company in Beijing. For more info or any questions regarding this position, please contact Jessi Ji by tel: +45 6131 5847 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Michael Folmann at tel. +45 2121 6464 or e-mail email@example.com.