Location: Shanghai, China
Do you have 8+ years of apparel design experience in young/fashion or higher value menswear or womenswear with proven track record with different brands, also have experience in Chinese market?
Are you a conceptual thinker who thrives on turning a creative design challenge into commercial crafted designs, and you’re experienced in building-up brand/new categories with strong team development and management experience? If you believe you have the right level of experience and are ready for a new creative challenge, plz. check this role.
Your key responsibilities:
Designing & Product development
- Be a creative leader, drive innovation & commercial newness in your categories. Guide your teams to recognize the latest Asian & global trends & clearly understand the Season High target consumer.
- Be responsible for inspiring and motivating your team to produce insightful and creative product solutions for the target audience living in greater cities in China, ageing from 25-35 years.
- Lead your team to recognize the key selling point of all garments, teach them how to improve or enhance the original inspiration.
- Provide coaching and problem-solving support for the team to enable them to perform at their best in fittings, ensure that they recap & are able to give clear directions.
- Competent at driving a balanced & structured research that covers not only the trends & KOLS but also the market leaders, fabrics, details & any business opportunities that support your categories.
- Lead your teams in sample buying & inspiration trips - hunt for the new, cool & commercial products & be an expert at facilitating the communication between your teams to bring out the best ideas & concepts.
- Oversee & drive the fabric research & upgrade your categories. Regularly visit the fabric fairs, bring innovation & build up your teams’ fabric library.
- Oversee the library of finishing & detail ideas - ensure your managers are kept updated.
- Oversee that the existing Core Library, seasonally meet with the Buying teams to form a strategic updated the offers.
- Optimize workflow and product development processes to ensure the team delivers creative and innovative designs, ensuring all the best sellers are covered, and the offer is based on strong research and innovation.
- Assist Senior Management to lead the Development Meetings. Ensure your Designers are prepared with their data, present their garments convincingly & are able to create & resolve problems on the spot.
- Assist Senior Management to lead the Post-Development Meetings & drive the concepts across categories.
- Work closely with Head of buying and Brand Director
- Lead by example and exercise good judgment to foster a culture of excellence and innovation within the team.
- Be a leader & role model in effective communication: meet regularly with your teams, ensure a pleasant & productive team environment.
- Maintain strong relationships with the Buying, Retail, EC & Senior Management
- Continuously build up yours & your team’s commercial knowledge: spending time in J&J stores & with our competitors. Study from both Retail & EC. Be fully immersed in the Chinese Web sites & social media.
- Provide on-going workshops & a productive environment to develop & nurture your teams skills, and show initiative, contribute & action ideas to improve your category.
- Grow the brand’s total sales year on year, through development and implementation of effective creative and commercial strategies matching with TA.
We expect you have the following qualifications and experiences:
- Have a bachelor or above education background with fashion design related major.
- Fluently in English, can use English as working language both in oral and writing.
- Process a strong system knowledge - Illustrator, Photoshop, Power-point & PLM.
- Strong knowledge about Chinese fashion market, including e-commerce market.
- At least 8 years’ experiences in young/fashion menswear or womenswear, higher value apparel is also workable, must have experiences in Chinese market, e-commerce brands will be preferred.
- Experience in build-up brand/new categories will be a big plus.
- Experiences in fast speed working environment, can adapt to high pressure and fashion working speed.
- A strong portfolio of work demonstrating successful leadership and creative achievements.
- Used to have team manager experience with more than 5 subordinates.
- Organized, rigorous, conscientious and an excellent communicator.
- Able to understand and achieve the objectives assigned to you.
- A good timekeeper and able to respect deadlines.
- Proactive and have strong collaboration skills.
- You create a high-performing team and foster a fair and respectful environment where each individual's uniqueness is valued.
- You anticipate opportunities and threats so as to lead in the long run.
- You are quick to seize opportunities, turning potential failures into success.
- You are true to your ambition when times get tough and weather the storms with your team.
The company - Bestseller Fashion Group China:
A member of the Bestseller Group Denmark (www.bestseller.com), is considered to be the market leader in the mid-market for apparel in China with the brands: ONLY, JACK & JONES, VERO MODA, and J.Lindeberg. The company entered China in 1996 and today the company has more than 5,000 concept stores in 400 cities in China, as well as having successful digital marketing and multichannel on-line presence.
ERHR Recruitment in Denmark handles this recruitment process for the company.
If you think you’re the right person for the position, pls. send your application via our website by clicking on ‘’APPLY JOB’’ and follow the instructions. Please include the following documents:
- Your updated CV, please include a personal photo, your family status, contact info etc.
- Portfolio(s) about your work from recent years (in PDF file)
- A scanned copy or a photo of your education degree certificate
Application deadline: ASAP
For more info or any questions regarding the position, please contact Jessi Ji by tel.: +45 6131 5847 or e-mail email@example.com.
We interview candidates on an on-going basis. Look forward to hearing from you soon!