Work Location: Beijing, China
Do you have at least 8 years experience in womenswear's souring, product development and buying especially with denim, leather, knit & jersey, woven categories? Are you a team leader with strong leadership skills and are open for relocation? Then pls. check this role.
Currently, we're looking for a Sr. Category Buying Manager for a leading European fashion group - Bestseller Fashion Group China.
- Complete product development, buying and production, responsible for your categories in terms of development process, order, price strategy, etc.
- Ensure commercial success of the responsible category (sales growth and profit) according to target set by management team.
- Be responsible for pricing, margin, delivery, and quality (the KPIs) over all your categories.
- Manage, lead, and develop a team of buyers and technicians, balance the workload, lead and coach buyers to ensure a competent team.
- Generate sourcing strategy, source, and shortlist and pre-qualify suppliers.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining garment and fabric supplier base. Ensure competitive price, good quality as well as workmanship.
- Work with foreign and local designers and design managers on sample developments, new trends, fabric sourcing.
- Evaluate suppliers’ and buyers’ performance timely.
- Expand supply market locally (map the Chinese supply market) and internationally.
- Assure valid cost breakdowns, constantly focus on optimizing purchasing prices.
- In charge of buying plan, reflecting lead-time on fabric and garment, with fast response, based on category buying plan/strategy. Ensure capacity through buying plan/strategy.
- Fully in charge of sample development and fitting/construction. Make sure the category has correct fit and balance according to set standards.
- Establish internal reference guides for target prices across categories.
- Optimize supply chain (suppliers and sub suppliers)
- Process optimization (internal / external)
- Control lead-times, negotiate and implement supply agreements.
- Define supplier KPIs and follow up.
- Follow up on budget.
- Represent and communicate the Bestseller Code of Conduct
- 8+years Buying/Merchandising experience in garment industry, at least 3 years management experience.
- Experienced in denim, leather, knit & jersey, woven categories etc.
- Experienced in cost control, lead time control, and supplier management, prefer to have supplier resources. Solid knowledge of fabric and technics is also a must.
- Good sense in both traditional brand and EC business
- Good fashion sense
- Fluent English in spoken written.
- Available to have short business trip.
- Interested in Chinese market and willing to relocate to Beijing
About BESTSELLER Fashion Group China
Bestseller Fashion Group China is a member of the Bestseller Group, Denmark, is considered to be the market leader in the mid-market for apparel in China with the brands: ONLY, JACK & JONES, VERO MODA, and J.Lindeberg. The company entered China in 1996 and today the company has more than 5,000 concept stores in 400 cities in China, as well as having successful digital marketing and multichannel on-line presence.
For more info about Vero Moda brand, pls. visit https://www.veromoda.com.cn/
The BESTSELLER Group has about 10,000 stores in 39 countries, primarily in Europe, the Middle East, North America and China. For more information, please check out our websites: www.bestseller.com
Pls. send your application via our website by clicking on ‘’APPLY JOB’’ and follow the instructions. Please include the following documents:
- Your updated CV, please include a personal photo, your family status, contact info etc.
- Cover letter, please include your motivation, competences for this job and your personality.
- A scanned copy or a photo of your education degree certificate
Application deadline: ASAP
Efficient Recruitment based in Denmark, handles this recruitment process for the company in Beijing. For more info or any questions regarding the position, please contact Jessi Ji by tel.: +45 6131 5847 or e-mail email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!