Work Location: Beijing or Shanghai
Are you a Creative Designer with 8-10 years of menswear design experiences? Have proven track record with different brands in fashion industry and have a broad range of fashion design projects in your portfolio?
Are you a conceptual thinker who thrives on turning creative design challenges into commercial crafted designs? Are you a team leader with excellent leadership skills? Then you might be the one we’re looking for.
As the Design Manager, you will be responsible for inspiring and motivating your team to produce insightful and creative product solutions for male target audience (ageing from 25-35) living in China.
If you believe you have the right level of experience and are ready for a new creative challenge, we look forward to hearing from you!
Designing & Product development:
- Be a creative leader, drive innovation & commercial newness in your categories. Guide your teams to recognize the latest Asian & global trends & clearly understand the Jack&Jones target consumer
- Lead your team to recognize the key selling point of all garments, teach them how to improve or enhance the original inspiration.
- Provide coaching and problem-solving support for the team to enable them to perform at their best in fittings, ensure that they recap & are able to give clear directions
- Competent at driving a balanced & structured research that covers not only the trends & KOLS but also the market leaders, fabrics, details & any business opportunities that support your categories.
- Lead your teams in sample buying & inspiration trips - hunt for the new, cool & commercial products & be an expert at facilitating the communication between your teams to bring out the best ideas & concepts
- Oversee & drive the fabric research & upgrade your categories. Regularly visit the fabric fairs, bring innovation & build up your teams fabric library
- Oversee the library of finishing & detail ideas - ensure your managers are kept updated.
- Oversee that the existing Core Library, seasonally meet with the Buying teams to form a strategic updated the offers
- Optimize workflow and product development processes to ensure the team delivers creative and innovative designs, ensuring all the best sellers are covered, and the offer is based on strong research and innovation
- Assist Senior Management to lead the Development Meetings. Ensure your Designers are prepared with their data, present their garments convincingly & are able to create & resolve problems on the spot
- Assist Senior Management to lead the Post-Development Meetings & drive the concepts across categories
- Work closely with Head of buying and Category design Mangers.
- Lead by example and exercise good judgment to foster a culture of excellence and innovation within the team
- Be a leader & role model in effective communication: meet regularly with your teams, ensure a pleasant & productive team environment
- Maintain strong relationships with the Buying, Retail, EC & Senior Management
- Continuously build up yours & your team’s commercial knowledge: spending time in J&J stores & with our competitors. Study from both Retail & EC. Be fully immersed in the Chinese Web sites & social media.
- Provide on-going workshops & a productive environment to develop & nurture your teams skills, and show initiative, contribute & action ideas to improve your category
- Grow the brands total sales year on year, through development and implementation of effective creative and commercial strategies matching with TA
- Bachelor or above education majored in fashion design related
- Fluently in English, can use English as working language both in oral and writing
- Process a strong system knowledge - Illustrator, Photoshop, Power-point & PLM
- Strong knowledge about Chinese fashion market, including e-commerce market.
- At least 8 years’ experiences in young/fashion menswear, higher value menswear is also workable, must have experiences in Chinese market, e-commerce brands will be preferred.
- Experiences in build-up brand/new categories will be much preferred.
- Experiences in fast speed working environment can adapt to high pressure and fashion working speed.
- A strong portfolio of work demonstrating successful leadership and creative achievements.
- Used to have team manager experiences with more than 5 subordinates.
About the company:
Bestseller Fashion Group China is a member of the Bestseller Group, Denmark, is considered to be the market leader in the mid-market for apparel in China with the brands: ONLY, JACK & JONES, VERO MODA, and J.Lindeberg. The company entered China in 1996 and today the company has more than 5,000 concept stores in 400 cities in China, as well as having successful digital marketing and multichannel on-line presence.
For more info about Jack & Jones brand, pls. visit https://www.jackjones.com.cn/
The BESTSELLER Group has about 10,000 stores in 39 countries, primarily in Europe, the Middle East, North America and China. For more information, please check out our websites: www.bestseller.com
Pls. send your application via the job site on our website https://erhr.dk/en by click on ‘’APPLY JOB’’ under the job description and follow the instructions. Please include the following documents when you apply:
- Your updated CV, please include a personal photo, your family status, contact info etc.
- A scanned copy of your education degree certificate
- Portfolio(s) about your work in Fashion Graphic Design
Application deadline: ASAP.
Efficient Recruitment based in Denmark, handles this recruitment process for Bestseller in Beijing. For more info or any questions regarding this position, please contact: Jessi Ji by tel.: +45 6131 5847 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you and look forward to hearing from you soon!